Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Time you old gypsy Man will you not stay, put up your caravan just for one day !

There is a fine adage popularly known as Murphy's Law which says" if anything can go wrong it surely will", and how can it not when you yourself lay the foundation stone for it.

I take pride in calling myself an organized person, organized not to the extent of being paranoid about it, but yes organized. But yesterday was an exception....here goes the story.

We had no power since the time I got up on Sunday morning, on calling up BESCOM we found out that there is a major fault in the line and we cannot expect it to be back before 1800 hrs. with little choices left we decided to explore the Indiranagar 100 feet road.

It was IPL 3 final on Sunday and wherever I went, the discussion on the game was in full swing I am no fan of cricket, its not a game that interests me either, In fact you can sometimes even find me criticizing the game in public. But since everyone in Bangalore seemed to be supporting Mumbai and just to be a rebel I decided to support Chennai - the underdogs.

The morning's wanderlust had already cost me my heels so going home and watching TV sounded like a good idea. I started watching the game and on surfing i found that HBO was showing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I have read the book some five to six times and have watched the movie an equal number of times but still decided to watch it simultaneously.

Chennai won the match and Harry Potter also manged to survive... yet again !!! and I finally dozed off at 0100 hours. For a person who has to get up at 0600 hours and report in the office at 0800... it was late.

So this is what happened in the morning .....I got up at 0715 which is very late by normal standards and cause of some trepidation too. By the time I got ready it was already 0800 hrs. The BMTC was out of question and I decided to take an auto and no one seemed willing to go anywhere near MG Road and another precious 5 minutes were lost. One agreed to come only at the condition paying him 10 Rs. extra.

We were half a kilometer en route when I thought it was a good idea to call up the office and inform them that I might be late and realized that i had forgotten my cell at home. I hung my head in exasperation only to find out i was still wearing bathroom slippers :(

I have finally managed to reach work @ 0830 and staying in hiding, avoiding my boss at all costs...keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to see what more can go wrong today.

As you might have guessed I had no time for a breakfast today... so will sign off to see if I can manage to find any...

But I wish you all a very good day today and for the whole week !!!!

Liebe Grüße
Suyasha

1 comment:

  1. I am not surprised at all... You have not changed and I don't see that happening in the near future too... You are still the same unorganised Suyasha, who Angela Glassl once loved so much... ;-)

    ReplyDelete